Iraq’s first uncensored feature in over a decade!
A cast of characters riddled with both hopelessness and promise - a determined filmmaker working with only expired film, an eloquent poet weak with cancer, a wounded soldier wrapped in bandages and prayers but on the brink of death, an old man full of memories of Baghdad that are now only nostalgia, and most importantly, a city in rubble still filled with desire, compassion and perseverance. The stories of these fictional characters are woven together and set into real footage of the landscape of war-torn Iraq, resulting in a gripping view of the symbolic and the experienced realities of contemporary Iraqis.
- Rotterdam International Film Festival, Netherlands, 2007 (World Premiere)
- Febio Festival, Czech Republic, 2005\
- Arab Film Festival Japan, 2005
- Singapore International Film Festival Singapore, 2005
- Arab Film Festival, The Netherlands, 2005
- Durban International Film Festival, South Africa, 2005
- Munich Film Festival, Germany, 2005
- Osians Cinefan Asian Film Festival, New Delhi, India, 2005
- Alexandria International Film Festival, Egypt, 2005
- La Mostra de Valencia, Valencia, Spain, 2005
- Best Film, Singapore International Film Festival 2005
- Golden Hawk, Arab Film Festival, The Netherlands, 2005
- Balafon Film Festival, Italy, 2005
- Dubai International Film Festival, Dubai, 2005